Is This Project Still Active?

Cerin

Is CFUnit still actively maintained? There haven't been any releases or updates to the website in 2 years.

These are some modifications to CFUnit that I think would make it more usuable:
* Adding an argument to the TestSuite class to specify a single test method to run. This is useful when you're developing a test, or curious about a single test, and don't want to run the entire suite.
* Modified TestRunner.cfc to stream a list of tests as they're run. This is useful when running large suites, since CFUnit's default behavior is show no status at all.
* A template listing all test classes and functions, to allow user selection of specific suite/method to run.

Re: Is This Project Still Active?

Sean Corfield

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Chris S <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is CFUnit still actively maintained? There haven't been any releases or updates to the website in 2 years.

CFUnit was a dead project before the current owner resurrected it.
cfcUnit has died off (Paul's not doing CFML these days). MXUnit is
very actively developed (and has a mode to run CFUnit tests pretty
much unchanged, I believe).

> * Adding an argument to the TestSuite class to specify a single test method to run. This is useful when you're developing a test, or curious about a single test, and don't want to run the entire suite.
> * Modified TestRunner.cfc to stream a list of tests as they're run. This is useful when running large suites, since CFUnit's default behavior is show no status at all.
> * A template listing all test classes and functions, to allow user selection of specific suite/method to run.

MXUnit provides most (all?) of that, I believe. They're also looking
at adding annotations to allow you to run specific groups of tests, as
well as dependent groups of tests (a la TestNG). The MXUnit team have
big plans :)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

Re: Is This Project Still Active?

Michael Dinowitz

So I should either change this list to ColdFusion Unit Testing or MXUnit.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Sean Corfield <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Chris S <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is CFUnit still actively maintained? There haven't been any releases or
> updates to the website in 2 years.
>
> CFUnit was a dead project before the current owner resurrected it.
> cfcUnit has died off (Paul's not doing CFML these days). MXUnit is
> very actively developed (and has a mode to run CFUnit tests pretty
> much unchanged, I believe).
>
> > * Adding an argument to the TestSuite class to specify a single test
> method to run. This is useful when you're developing a test, or curious
> about a single test, and don't want to run the entire suite.
> > * Modified TestRunner.cfc to stream a list of tests as they're run. This
> is useful when running large suites, since CFUnit's default behavior is show
> no status at all.
> > * A template listing all test classes and functions, to allow user
> selection of specific suite/method to run.
>
> MXUnit provides most (all?) of that, I believe. They're also looking
> at adding annotations to allow you to run specific groups of tests, as
> well as dependent groups of tests (a la TestNG). The MXUnit team have
> big plans :)
> --
> Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
> An Architect's View -- http://corfield.org/
>
> "If you're not annoying somebody, you're not really alive."
> -- Margaret Atwood

Re: Is This Project Still Active?

Robert Blackburn

I still try to focus on CFUnit, but I have not upgraded it in a while.
It is still active and I do still try to support it as requests for
help or support come in.

However, I think changing the name to "ColdFusion Unit Testing" would
be best. There are other frameworks out there, and I have seen what
the MXUnit folks have done, and its a very nice product.

--
Rob Blackburn