Quantcast

Integrating SSRS with coldfusion

sarah mfr

I am working on an internet site using coldfusion and want to integrate SSRS. I need the full functionality of reporting services and sql report service report builder
If I used the Url access method mentioned in the following link
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms153586.aspx
what kind of authentication can I use?

Did any body created a webservice api for ssrs and used cfinvoke? If so can you give me hints?
Thanks

Re: Integrating SSRS with coldfusion

Mike Chabot

Unless someone comes through with a "yes" answer to your second
question I think you will find this to be a very challenging task.
SSRS doesn't play nice with anything but .NET.

Would an iframe pointing to an ASP.NET page work for you? How about a
pop-up window? :-)

Complicating this issue is that the security model in SQL Server 2008
became more restrictive. With the introduction of SSRS 2008, Microsoft
now goes out of their way to prevent developers from allowing
anonymous access to SSRS reports, preferring that users log in using
secure methods such as Windows Authentication. It is possible to allow
anonymous authentication, but it takes quite a bit of effort to enable
that buried ability.

If you really need SSRS your best solution might be to create an
ASP.NET Web site for reporting, or using a product like Microsoft
SharePoint, or recreating the reports in a ColdFusion-friendly or
Java-friendly reporting system.

If you do end up finding a good way to integrate SSRS into ColdFusion,
please let me know. You might want to post this question on the
official MS SSRS support forum. Microsoft provides fantastic developer
support on their forums.

Good luck,
Mike Chabot